PCR kit for the detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii.
Pneumocystis jirovecii is a common cause of life-threatening pneumonia in individuals with impaired immune systems. PneumID® is a multiplex PCR test designed to detect genomic DNA of Pneumocystis jirovecii from human respiratory samples within 45 minutes of DNA extraction.
PneumID® is being targeted for use as an aid in the diagnosis of respiratory infections caused by Pneumocystis jirovecii.
- 50 reactions
- Detection of Pneumocystis jirovecii
- Detection of human β-globin gene
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Direct detection in clinical nucleic acid extracts
- Results within 45 minutes of nucleic acid extraction Internal extraction control (IEC) included
- Human β-globin gene detection assay included as an endogenous internal control (IC) for assessment of specimen quality and nucleic acid extraction
- The only commercial Pneumocystis PCR assay to include simultaneous detection of both Pneumocystis and a human DNA target from a respiratory sample extract
- Positive control included ‘Ready to use’ reagents – no resuspension/dilution steps required
- Suitable for real-time PCR instruments
- From DNA extract to PCR result in 4 simple steps